maib freelance digital
Maib freelance digital is a digital card, without a physical card attached. The card is issued in a few minutes through the maibank app, without coming to the bank.
In a few clicks, you get an active digital card in the app that you can immediately add to your Apple Wallet, Google Wallet and Garmin Pay wallet for payments with your smartphone and smart watch, and for online shopping you use the card data right from the app.
Maib freelance digital has all the benefits of the physical maib freelance card, being intended for freelancers who can top-up the card from their PayPal e-wallet for free.
Important! Currently, the digital card is only available to maib customers. To open it, you need the maibank app installed on your phone.
Payment system and card type
Visa Gold Rewards contactless
Free access to digital services from maibank
Top-up through maib
Free top-up of the card through other banks:
Taxi discount and free deliveries
Free accounting consultation – 1 per month
Card issuing and maintenance - free of charge
otherwise - 35 MDL/ 1.75 USD/EUR
|Payments at shops
in the Republic of Moldova and abroad
|Card top-up through maib
|Card top-up through other banks
|Cash withdrawal in maib’s ATM/POS network *depending on the technical capabilities of the ATM/POS terminal
|Cash withdrawal in other banks subdivisions/ATM/POS network *depending on the technical capabilities of the ATM/POS terminal
|P2P transfer to another bank's card
|Online and information services
More details about rates here.
Any maib customer can open a digital card directly from the maibank app. If you are not yet a maib customer, but you want a digital card, we are waiting for you at any maib branch.
The digital card has the same advantages as the physical, plastic one, but it is issued exclusively in the maibank app. Likewise, the card has a number, validity period and CVV code that are always available in the app.
Digital cards are issued in a few minutes in the maibank app. To open a digital card, access the app, press the Open a new card button, select the desired digital card: maib daily digital or maib freelance digital and follow the instructions on the screen.
The following types of digital cards are issued at the moment:
- maib daily digital is the best card for every day. Opening and maintenance are free of charge.
- maib freelance digital - a card intended for freelancers.
The card opening is free of charge, and the maintenance will be 0 MDL, if the monthly payments exceed 3000 MDL/150EUR/150 USD.
Payments at the POS terminal (shops, restaurants, public transport, etc.) – you pay with your smartphone or smartwatch, adding the digital card to the Apple Wallet, Google Wallet, or Garmin Pay electronic wallet.
Online or in-app payments. You have two options:
- use the digital card data available in the maibank mobile app, Card Information section;
- select Apple Wallet, Google Wallet or Garmin Pay as your payment method where available.
Yes! After adding the maib digital card to Apple Wallet, Google Wallet or Garmin Pay and setting the PIN code through the maibank app, you can withdraw cash through:
- maib contactless ATMs;
- maib ATMs through the cash-by-code service through the maibank app, which will generate the withdrawal code. You enter this code at the maib ATM and withdraw the required amount;
- another bank’s ATM equipped with the contactless function;
- maib POS terminal in agencies and branches (depending on its technical capabilities).
Yes, it is possible.
The digital card data is available in the maibank app, Card information section. It contains the following data: name and surname of the holder, card number, CVV code, and validity period.
Like a regular plastic card, the digital card is valid for 4 years.
To close a digital card, it is necessary to come to maib.
Of course! Follow the steps bellow:
- Access the maibank app and click on the digital card
- Press the Card information button and click on the "eye" symbol
- Press the card number and hold for a few seconds
- The message Copied will appear on the screen
- Open the merchant's page and enter the copied data.
Smart pricing provides certain conditions (collection, payment by card), which are exempt from paying the monthly card administration fee.
Monthly collection on the card means transfers received through the p2p service, transfers from another bank or accounts of other major clients, cash deposits with ATMs or payment terminals.
Monthly payments are commercial point payments online, including via the maibank mobile application or internet banking (payment of bills and services). Monthly payments do not consider p2p transfers, cash withdrawals or other transfers.
Only financial settled transactions¹ in that month are considered in Smart pricing.
¹Financial settlement - actual debiting of money from the card account following a card payment transaction.
The settlement deadline for card transactions is a maximum of 30 days.
How to set the PIN code for your digital card
- Open the maibank app
- Click on the digital card for which you want to set the PIN code
- Select “Set PIN code” from the digital card options
- Enter the four-digit PIN you want to set
- Repeat the PIN
- Confirm through existing authorization methods
- Enter the received password and press "Confirm"
- Congratulations! The PIN has been set.
How to change your digital card PIN if you've forgotten it:
- Open the maibank app
- Click on the digital card
- Select the "Change PIN code" option
- Follow the steps similar to the setup.
The daily PIN setting/change limit is 2 successful attempts per digital card.
For more details, access the Pin by SMS and Assign PIN Service Instructions