set the PIN code for your new physical card
Secure and personalized PIN code!
Activate the card and set the desired PIN code for the newly received card for free and without hidden fees.
Setting the PIN code for your new card is simple!
To set the PIN code, you need the activation code, which you will automatically receive via SMS. If you did not receive it or deleted it, you can request it in the following ways:
You will automatically receive an activation code via SMS. If you did not receive it or deleted it, you can request it:
- By sending an SMS to the short number 6242 with the last 4 digits of the received card number;
- Through the maibank app
- at the first access – indicate the phone number and the last 4 digits of the new card;
- on subsequent access – open the app and select the inactive card.
Activate the card and set the PIN code at any maib ATM or POS in the branch using the code received by SMS.
How do you set the PIN code at maib ATMs?
- Insert the card into the nearest maib ATM;
- Enter the activation code received by SMS from the short number 6242;
- Set and reconfirm the desired PIN code;
- Confirm the operation
How to set the PIN code at POS terminal in maib branches/agencies:
- Insert the received card into the POS terminal in the branch;
- Enter the desired PIN code and confirm it;
- Re-enter the PIN code and confirm;
- Enter the activation code received via SMS and confirm.
IMPORTANT! Memorize the set PIN code. If you have forgotten your PIN code, you must request the card re-issuance according to the Bank’s current tariffs. For more details, access the “PIN by SMS” service instruction.
See below how easy it is to set the PIN for your new card.